WLL: 800 - 20,000kg
Various Models and Options Available
£349.80 inc vat £291.50 ex vat
Tiger Lifting SS19 Subsea Lever Hoist
Our new subsea lever hoist, the SS19, has been designed and developed over a number of years for use primarily in subsea, offshore or corrosive environments. The unique design features - including the one piece construction pinion gears and our globally patented Quad Cam Pawl System, along with the superior anti-corrosion properties incorporated in this range, give it significant safety advantages over other lever hoists. This makes the SS19 subsea lever hoist the ideal tool for all marine and extreme applications.
It has been fully challenged and succesful in the wide variety of extreme conditions it has been exposed to.
Developed initially with the goal of giving key stakeholders within the Oil and Gas Industry a hoist that could be certified for safe use subsea whilst meeting all the requirements of IMCA DO28 Rev. 2 “Guidance notes for offshore lever hoists”, the SS19 meets and exceeds these requirements, as well as other industry client specifications whilst conforming to standards such as BS EN 13157: 2004+A1:2009, ANSI/ASME B30.21-2005, AS1418.2 and SANS 1636. Tiger Hoists fitted with overload limiters comply fully with NORSOK R-002.
The SS19 includes our unique rotational inertia driven torsion switch brake and freewheeling system. This brake system was designed by our research and design team to counter known failure modes in commonly used and copied longitudinal “push-pull” mechanisms or traditional style “Weston” type brake systems used on alternative lever hoists which allow easy ingress of foreign particles into the mechanism that could affect hoist operation. This Tiger brake system is now a proven design with many thousands of hours of empirical evidence as proof of design and efficiency. This design removes the need for inefficient old-style longitudinal disengagement methods of pulling the brake system apart to facilitate freewheeling. This highly efficient method of operating is not only safer but easier for the operator whilst measurably increasing the brake take up efficiency rate.
With over 50 years of professional manufacturing experience, Tiger’s commitment to innovation and customer satisfaction mean we will continue to develop and improve our products by communicating and working with our customers. The SS19 range of lever hoists incorporates our latest developments and enhancements.
- Suitable for use in multi-immersion applications
- DNV GL Verification tested according to NORSOK R-002
- 800kg, 1.6t, 3.2t, 6.3t, 10.0t, 15.0t and 20.0t capacities available
- Equipped with our unique intelligent dual brake system:Thousands of hours of empirical evidence as proof of design
- Globally patent protected Quad Cam pawl and ratchet design
- Unique load sensing torsion brake
- DU® self-lubricating metal polymer bearings
- One-piece construction pinion gear
- Meets and exceeds IMCA DO28 Rev 2 guidance notes for offshore lever hoists
- Light load protection at 2% of the rated capacity
- Adaptable to use both inverted and horizontally
- Full face gasket provides brake chamber protection from outside contamination
- Fully Corrosion protected body and components to ensure reliable long-term use
- Over 1500 hours protection to ASTM B117 conditions
- Adjustable chain end anchorage specifically designed to the contours of the hoist
- Available with slipping clutch overload protection